Agile working is a combination of processes and behaviours that is increasingly common in organisations, e.g. for manufacturing and software development.
This course is designed for an organisation that is looking to adopt the flexibility of Agile working for projects. It will introduce delegates to how they can adapt the APM Body of Knowledge to Agile working for projects, programmes and portfolios. It complements APM’s Practitioner Qualifications and delegates will learn how to shape and run an Agile project or development and what an Agile project landscape looks like.
Suitable for anyone who has achieved APM Practitioner Qualifications. Would also suit Sponsors or project professionals at enterprise PMO, programme or project manager level with at least three years of experience.
- What Agile project working looks like
- The value of being Agile in projects
- The difference between Agile project management and Agile development
- Agile vs “traditional” culture and behaviours
- Agile landscape for projects
- Agile project organisation
- Techniques – people and roles
- Techniques – processes and procedures
- Starting and shaping an Agile project
- Controlling an Agile project
- Managing Agile development
- Managing non-Agile development
- Managing hybrid development
Ideally APM Practitioner Qualifications. Additionally an experienced Sponsor, or project professional with at least 2 years managing portfolios, programmes, projects, or large work packages.
The course is participative in nature utilising plenary presentation sessions, group discussions, individual and group exercises and examples. Delegates should be prepared to contribute to maximise the usefulness of the event. Emphasis will be on transferring the learning back into the workplace.
This course is available as an in-house programme only and can be tailored to match the needs of your organisation. To discuss dates and venues please contact Jigsaw Project Management.
Adrian has led or rescued Change programmes in many sectors Adapting best practice successfully, with Agility being the latest. He has designed, built & lead project, programme and portfolio management (P3) capability for organisations, and built and led a Professional Services organisation.
Adrian is currently collaborating on:
- Agile Leadership & Project Management
- Organisation Project Management (OPM), i.e. helping organisations create an environment to maximise value from projects
- P3 capability development and Sponsorship coaching
Currently Adrian is co-author of forthcoming Association of Project Management guides on Agile Governance & Assurance.